How to Export Your Google Calendar
You can share your Google Calendar or copy it to another calendar regardless if it’s a Google Calendar. Here are two ways you can share your Gmail Calendar:
- Export Google Calendar.
- Share Google Calendar.
With exporting, the recipient of the file will only get the events that you’ve exported. Any changes after exporting will not appear in the recipient’s calendar.
Sharing your Gmail Calendar, on the other hand, allows the recipient to see all changes. You can remove sharing at any time.
How to export Google Calendar
1. Open Gmail Calendar.
2. Select the Down Arrow icon next to the calendar you want to export.
3. Select “Calendar Settings.”
4. Select “ICAL” to get the private URL for your calendar.
5. Select the URL that appears in “Private Address” to see “Opening basic.ics” dialog box.
6. Select “OK” to save the file in your default folder for downloads.
Now the .ics file can be imported into any product that supports the iCal format.
How to share your Google Calendar
This route lets the recipient see all changes to your calendar without making your calendar public. Beware that the calendar still lives in the cloud. If you prefer not to store your appointments in the cloud, you can use software like Microsoft Outlook for PC or Mac to save it locally.
1. From Google Calendar, select the Down Arrow icon next to the calendar you want to share.
2. Enter the recipient’s email address into the box.
3. Select the permission setting you want to assign to the recipient:
- Make changes AND manage sharing. This allows the recipient to edit the calendar and add people to the “Share with specific people” list.
- Make changes to events. This allows the recipient to edit the calendar, but not share it.
- See all event details. The recipient can view all the information for the event.
- See only free/busy (hide details). Instead of details, the recipient will see “Busy” instead of details.
4. Select “Add Person” and “Save.”
The recipient will receive an email from you saying you’ve shared your calendar. To stop sharing the calendar with the recipient, select the Trash Can icon under “Remove” for that person.
Many people use Google Calendar because it allows them to see appointments on their smartphones and devices. If you want to switch to Outlook for PC, you can have your appointments with you on all your devices by using AkrutoSync to sync Outlook Calendar with phones and tablets. You can try Akruto free for seven days.