How to Sync Galaxy S8 with Outlook – The Easiest WaySupport
The new S8 is the latest flagship device from Samsung that comes with brand new features and cutting-edge hardware. The worst problem Outlook users have with this device is the inability of Galaxy S8 to sync with Outlook without freezes and duplicated data when using a native Samsung software.
Most users of Galaxy devices upgrade to newer models because they want to have the best smartphones on the market. Despite that every new device comes with industry-leading hardware and operating systems, we see the same issues with Smart Switch year after year. Samsung Smart Switch is good for transferring media content, but it is a nightmare when it comes to syncing Samsung smartphones with Outlook.
How to sync Outlook Calendar with Galaxy S8 without Smart Switch
You can synchronize your Galaxy S8 with Outlook with the following two software solutions:
- Samsung Smart Switch – native Android software for syncing with PC
- AkrutoSync – 3rd party software designed to transfer Outlook data between smartphones and Outlook.
Here’s a video that explains syncing process with Galaxy S8:
The best Smart Switch feature is that it helps sync all of the media you have on your PC and even transfers all of the data from your old phone when upgrading to a newer model. But with each new smartphone model hitting the market, more and more Samsung Smart Switch problems are invading support forums. The most commonly reported Smart Switch issues are problems with phone to phone syncing and duplicated data when syncing with Outlook.
AkrutoSync, in turn, is tailored to sync Outlook with any Android device, including Galaxy S8 smartphones. The best feature of this software is that it works automatically in the background leaving you without the hassle of pushing the button every time you need to update something. Another good point is AkrutoSync’s built-in sync history feature that allows you to see the exact data that has been synced with each connected device. This feature also enables you to restore any data that may have been deleted accidentally, or as a result of a malfunctioning device.
Smart Switch does the job when you want to transfer media content, but most users say it works when it wants to, not when you need it to. That’s because Samsung Smart Switch does not specialize in syncing Outlook with Galaxy S8, while AkrutoSync does.
Here are few reviews of Smart Switch our clients sent to our 24/7 support team:
- Normally I can sync contacts but for some reason Smart Switch makes tens of duplicated calendar entries when I try syncing my Samsung S7 with Outlook 2013.
- Doesn’t work at all!! I was trying to sync Outlook calendar with my LG G6 and nothing happened. Even after 20 minutes I still see the progress bar stuck in the middle and no syncing. This happened each time I try. Same story with syncing contacts. I never thought vendor like Samsung can do such a buggy software.
- Each time I try to connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 with Outlook, I see the message saying “phones will be disconnected” and Smart Switch shuts down itself.
- Why doesn’t it sync notes? I installed this software just to transfer Outlook notes to my smartphone to have them with me during a business trip. I end up with copy and pasting everything to a simple txt file just because I couldn’t find a way to do that with a “native” software. Awful user experience!
And here are few things customers say about AkrutoSync:
- Installation was managed by the patient help of my Akruto person. The syncing of my devices was instantaneous and continues to work perfectly! ~ Mark G.
- Leaves all other apps well behind especially SmartSwitch. ~ Yes D.
- Very responsive email support. Very good installation service. The software is doing exactly what you said it would do! ~ Rob A.
- I needed some assistance at set-up time and the customer support was not only prompt and excellent but also functioning over the weekend too – and this was ‘only’ to set up a test version! Thank you! ~ Brian M.
- Seamless installation, works quickly, great app!!! Solved my outlook sync frustrations. ~ Angelo
Sync your Galaxy S8 with Outlook contacts
Importing Outlook contacts to your Android phone could take a while and may cost you a few hours of manually deleting duplicated contact entries. Here are some questions to consider before choosing the software that suits your needs and doesn’t damage your data privacy:
- Do you prefer syncing contacts over USB or you need wireless data transfer?
- Do you want to use your wireless data plan to sync Outlook data?
- Which version of Android operating system and Outlook you want to sync?
- Are you comfortable with syncing through your Wi-Fi hotspot or you want the ability to transfer data over the Internet?
- Do you want to use Cloud storage for the data exchange process or do you not want sensitive data stored anywhere but your PC?
- Do you want to sync Outlook data with the native apps of your Galaxy S8?
The first option for transferring Android contacts is manual export—and this option actually works! The worst problem with this method is that you will have to do this each time you have new data on either your PC or Galaxy S8, which is an annoying process. Another showstopper is that no contacts will be ever synced from your Outlook back to your phone. And you always risk corruption or duplication of your entire contacts list.
Importing contacts to an Android device has the same pitfalls. So, if you are about to test any Outlook sync software, and are not really sure if it’s reliable, exporting Android contacts before taking the next step would be a wise choice.
Our software offers fast, secure and reliable two-way data transfer between Samsung Galaxy S8 and any Outlook version that might currently be in use. Even if you still have Outlook 2007, it is perfectly supported. With AkrutoSync you have two options for syncing: you can transfer data through your Wi-Fi router or sync over the Internet, if you want your data to be updated, even if you are away from your PC. And you can always change your mind and switch to another method within a few minutes.
Another good reason to choose AkrutoSync for syncing Outlook with Galaxy S8 is that you can upgrade your device, switch to another manufacturer, or migrate to a newer Outlook version and still remain syncing. It doesn’t matter whether you have an old Android 5.0 device or a modern Android 7.0 smartphone – with AkrutoSync you will be able to sync contacts without any issues.
Syncing Samsung Galaxy S8 with Outlook Tasks
Many Samsung devices go to market without any pre-installed app for managing tasks. Others may have a type of app that doesn’t support syncing with any external software or service. If that’s the case, you need to install one of the following apps for managing tasks on Android:
- TouchDown App – a free app for managing tasks on Android
- Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange – TouchDown alternative that has a two-week free trial. If you like the app, you can buy it for $4.99 and use on all your devices
To sync Outlook Tasks and Galaxy S8 with Akruto, you need to specify the type of Outlook data you want to transfer on the third screen of the setup process. After everything is complete, every task you add to your Outlook will be automatically transferred to Galaxy S8 and vice versa.
Syncing Outlook Notes with Galaxy S8
When it comes to syncing Outlook Notes, it’s exactly the same as with Outlook Tasks. If you have a device without a pre-installed app for managing notes, you need to install either the TouchDown app or Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange app. AkrutoSync will then transfer all of the notes from your Outlook to your phone and sync both devices.
If you need more details on transferring notes between PC Outlook and Android, refer to our guide on how to synchronize Android phone with Outlook Notes.
What’s the best way to sync Galaxy S8 with Outlook – via Wi-FI or Internet?
Choosing the right way to sync your data should be based on how often you are away from your PC but need updated Outlook data. To identify the best option for data transfer, consider the following questions:
- Do I want to save my wireless data plan when syncing with Outlook? If yes, install and configure AkrutoSync to work via Wi-Fi router.
- Will I often be away from my PC where I have Outlook installed? If yes, choose syncing over the Internet.
- Is the privacy of my data a number one priority? If yes, then choose syncing via Wi-Fi because it has a slight security advantage.
- Am I tech-savvy enough to work with DNS? If yes, choose syncing over the Internet.
Here’s a video that will explain the syncing process in few easy steps:
Galaxy S8 sync with Outlook Troubleshooting and FAQ
What are the potential threats of using the Cloud for my personal sensitive data?
All major Cloud service providers have proven themselves safe and secure. But there is always a chance hackers could hack the security protocols and steal or compromise your data. In the event you are using the Cloud to store business data, the consequences could be devastating.
At Akruto, we believe that in the digital age we all need to have better control over our data and not store it where we don’t own it.
I’ve just upgraded to Galaxy S8. Should I upgrade to Outlook 2016 for the best performance?
Not necessarily. Our software works with any Android and Outlook version, which means you don’t have to update anything just to make the syncing process faster. Just connect your PC and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. After that, set up syncing via your home network and all the data that you have in Outlook will almost immediately be transferred to your Galaxy S8.
I own a Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7, can I sync calendars and contacts on both devices with AkrutoSync?
Our software can synchronize Outlook with any smartphone or tablet currently available on the market. However, AkrutoSync is not a standalone software and requires Outlook to sync data between the devices. You will need to install AkrutoSync on your PC and connect both smartphones to it. From that point on you will have contacts and calendar events synced on all three devices. If you add a contact on your iPhone, it will be automatically transferred to your Galaxy S8 and PC.
I have lots of contacts and a busy calendar. What type of connection do you recommend in this case?
AkrutoSync can transfer any amount of data between all connected devices. However, if you have thousands of Outlook contacts and each comes with a contact picture, we recommend you sync over Wi-Fi network. This will shorten the syncing process dramatically.
I don’t want to spend time on setting everything up. Can you sync my Galaxy S8 with Outlook calendar?
We paid a lot of attention to simplifying the installation and setup process. However, if you need someone to do it for you, we offer Akruto Gold service. You can schedule a specific date and time for our techs to connect to your PC and arrange everything to sync your Galaxy S8 and Outlook calendar.
I have a pair of Galaxy S8s. Does your software support working with two similar devices from the same manufacturer?
There’s no difference which devices you connect to Outlook with AkrutoSync. You would need to configure each Galaxy S8 separately, and there would be no issues with syncing even if the two smartphones are from the same lineup.
Still have questions? Post them in the comments section below and we will be happy to respond.