This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by William Grumme 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
April 11, 2017 at 6:52 pm
AkrutoSync has worked without problem for me for many months.
Today, it gave me the following error message: “Unable to find Microsoft Outlook on this computer. Please make sure that Outlook is installed and that you can start it manually. If the problem persists, Please contact Akruto for support.”
Well, shutting down AkrutoSync and Outlook, then rebooting the PC and restarting Outlook and AkrutoSnync leads to the same error message.
How do I get this fixed?
April 11, 2017 at 8:19 pmModerator
Please repost your message via email to email@example.com
To better assist you, we need to verify the following:
1. The latest screenshot of AkrutoSync’s current screen from your computer
2. What is the make and model of your phone?
If Android – What is the make and model (Settings > About phone/device > Model number) of your Android phone? What is the Android version of your Android phone (Settings > About phone/device > Android version)?
If it is a Windows phone, what Windows version?
If it is an iPhone or an iPad, what is the iOS version (Settings > General > About > Version)?
3. Are you using Outlook 2002/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/Office 365 with Outlook 2013/2016 on a Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 computer? Is it a desktop or a laptop? Wired directly to the router or connected via Wi-Fi?
If you are not familiar with ‘how to take a screenshot and attaching it to the email’, please use this guide:
1. Press the “Print Screen” key on your keyboard (also labeled as “Prt Sc” or “PrtScn”). This will capture an image of your entire screen.
Or you can Click on the AkrutoSync window then hold down the Alt button and press Prt Sc. This will take a picture of the “active” window on your screen. An image of the window will be copied to the clipboard. You will not receive any confirmation that the screenshot has been taken.
2. Paste the screenshot. Once you have made the screenshot, you will need to paste it to an editor. Open Paint from the Accessories section in your Start menu or search Paint in Windows Search. With a new blank canvas open in Paint, press the Ctrl and V buttons together to paste the image onto the canvas. You can also right-click on the canvas and select Paste.
3. Save the screenshot. Click File, then Save to set the name and file type of the image. You can select the JPG or PNG file type. Select and remember the save location, then click Save.
4. Attach the screenshot that you saved as a reply to this email.
Alternatively, you can refer to the guide for taking a screenshot here: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows
For AkrutoSync version 5.2:
The new version allows the program to be minimized into the Taskbar Notification Area (near the system clock).
Also added a capability to take screenshots right from AkrutoSync to make support’s life easier. To take a screenshot, the small icon in the top left corner of the AkrutoSync window (or press Alt+Space). A menu will open; select “Take screenshot”. You will be offered to select a file name and location for the screenshot file. The default location for the screenshot file is on the desktop and the default file name is AkrutoSync Screenshot.png.
We will wait for your email.
April 25, 2017 at 8:26 am
Same error message here after upgrading to Office 2016.
Outlook 2016 is now on the computer and I get the same message as the poster.
How do I tell Akrutosync where to find the new version of Outlook 2016?
Outlook 2016 runs fine on the pc.
May 4, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Same problem – Akruto cannot find my Outlook 2016. Have closed both Outlook and Akruto then rebooted. Did not fix the problem.
June 7, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Is there an update to this post?
I am having the same problem after upgrading to Outlook 2016 from Outlook 2007. Outlook 2016 is the default email program. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed akrutosync, still getting the same error message.
I sent an e-mail to support and waiting for response.
Is this a know issue? Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestion greatly appreciated.
July 4, 2017 at 1:14 pm
Not a Akrutosync yet, but considering. Have the same problem with Galaxy-Sync. Galaxy-Sync have no customer service or support, that why I need to find a different sync software. I think Galaxy-Sync and Android-Sync may be the same development, but not sure. Galaxy-Sync and Android-Sync both have no phone numbers or addresses.
Anyway I have tried everything from restarting, turning off firewalls and other systems, to reinstalling. Nothing works. Please keep me informed so I can consider your sync software. I like the fact your company not afraid of listing their contact info.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)