How to sync your Lenovo Vibe with Outlookwebdev
Computer manufacturer, Lenovo is continuing its smartphone efforts with its newest flagship release, the Vibe C. Lenovo has been quite successful in the budget smartphone market with its value-for-the money products. If you’ve purchased one of the many Vibe Android smartphone models, we can help you sync your Lenovo Vibe with Outlook.
Sync Lenovo Vibe and Outlook Contacts
You can automatically sync your Outlook Contacts with Lenovo Vibe, without re-enter your contact’s information on your device. Your contacts sync automatically, privately and continuously. Here’s how to synchronize Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes with Lenovo Vibe…
Step 1: Download and install AkrutoSync
Begin by downloading the latest version of AkrutoSync. After installation you will see the main window.
Click on Select what to sync and choose which Outlook Contacts you want to sync with Lenovo Vibe in Select contact folder section.
Step 2: Continue with PC configuration
In the main window click Configure AkrutoSync. AkrutoSync will guide you through the configuration process.
- Choose Sync over home network – this option allows you to sync Outlook Contacts without cables via your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Android (Phone or Tablet) – you will then receive illustrated instructions on how to configure an Android to sync with Outlook Contacts. Click Save.
How to Sync Outlook Calendars with Lenovo Vibe smartphones
Because AkrutoSync can also sync Outlook Calendars, Tasks and Notes you will be asked again what piece of Outlook data you want to sync with Lenovo Vibe. If you only want to sync contacts with your Lenovo Vibe, don’t change anything and press Save.
- To sync your Outlook Calendar, select Calendar. You may also select Tasks and Notes if you wish to sync these as well. Press Save.
- Next you’ll be asked to make sure your Lenovo Vibe and PC are connected to same Wi-Fi network. Click Save.
- The next screen will display proper firewall configuration. Press Continue. You will now see detailed instructions on how to enable your Lenovo Vibe to sync with Outlook.
Step 3: Begin Lenovo Vibe configuration
- Open a browser on your phone.
- Enter the address shown on your AcrutoSync window (note that your address will likely be different than the one displayed here).
- Touch Go.
- When the new page loads, select Import Certificate for AcrutoSync.
- Select Install, and the certificate will be installed.
Step 4: Continue PC configuration
- Returning to your PC, enter a user name and password (create one that will be easy for you to remember).
Step 5: Complete configuration
Returning to your phone, follow the instructions for setting up an Exchange account. The account tells your Lenovo Vibe how to connect directly to your computer.
- Select Settings on Lenovo Vibe home screen.
- Scroll to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Exchange.
- Phone will ask for an email address and password for Exchange – do not enter your actual email address. Enter the fake email address displayed in the AkrutoSync window (again, yours will likely be different than the one displayed here). Use the password you created earlier and entered into AkrutoSync on your PC. Select Next.
- Enable everything, including Mail (although AkrutoSync does not sync email, it still needs to be enabled). Leave other options at their default values and syncing begins.
- The first sync may take a while if you have a lot of Outlook contacts, appointments reminders and notes. Some Outlook contacts and reminders will appear on your phone even before the first sync is complete.
- The AkrutoSync window on your PC shows sync progress. When you see the “Success” status, the sync is complete.
Synchronize Outlook Tasks with Lenovo Vibe in 10 mouse clicks
Since not all Android devices come with an app to manage tasks, you have two choices. You can opt to use Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange or TouchDown to sync Outlook Tasks with Lenovo Vibe. AkrutoSync works with both apps. And neither uses a web-based service that requires a login or save your information in the cloud. Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange offers a fully functional 14-day trial. If you like it, the app costs only $4.99 for all your Android devices. TouchDown is free.
For more information, check out Sync Outlook with Notes and Tasks .
Two-way Sync for Outlook Notes on Lenovo Vibe
You can also use Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange or TouchDown to sync your Lenovo Vibe with Outlook Notes.
Akruto syncs Outlook Notes with the built-in Notes app on your Lenovo phone. At the same time you elect to sync your Outlook Calendar with Lenovo Vibe (see above), you can select Tasks and Notes if you wish to sync these as well.
Download our complete guide that shows you how to sync Outlook Notes with Android devices here.
Which models of Lenovo Vibe are supported?
AkrutoSync supports many models of Lenovo devices including:
- Lenovo Vibe C
- Lenovo Vibe S1 Lite
- Lenovo Vibe X3
- Lenovo Vibe P1m
- Lenovo Vibe S1
- Lenovo Vibe Shot
… as well as:
- Lenovo S90
- Lenovo P70
- Lenovo A1000
- Lenovo A2010
- Lenovo A536
- Lenovo A5000
- Lenovo A6000
- Lenovo A6010
- Lenovo A7000
- Lenovo X3 Lite
- Lenovo K2
- Lenovo K5 Plus
- Lenovo K5 Note
Q: I’m planning to sync my Lenovo Vibe with Microsoft Outlook 2013. Will I be able to remain syncing after switching to a newer model or even another brand?
A: Yes! AkrutoSync supports all Android phones and tablets and any version of Outlook.
Q: Can I sync Outlook Contacts with my Lenovo Vibe and Outlook Calendar with my iPad simultaneously?
A: Yes, you can easily sync Outlook with iPhone, Android, and Windows devices. Any changes appear on all your devices’ contacts and calendars. Because this is a two-way synchronization solution, everything will stay in sync whether you update your Outlook for PC calendar, one device’s built-in calendar, a second device’s built-in calendar, or a combination of the three.
Q: Does your software syncs profile pictures from Outlook Contacts to Lenovo Vibe contacts app?
A: Yes. AkrutoSync automatically syncs thousands of entries as well as contact photos completely and accurately. There are no limits in amount of Outlook data you can transfer to Lenovo Vibe.
Q: Can I sync only my Outlook Calendars without transferring Outlook Contacts and Notes to my Lenovo Vibe?
A: Yes, you can. AkrutoSync allows you to synchronize any type of Outlook data without syncing the others.
Q: Will I be able to make changes to my desktop Outlook from my Lenovo Vibe while away from the office?
A: With AkrutoSync’s two-way synchronization you can sync any contacts, appointments or tasks from your Lenovo Vibe when you are away from your office’s Wi-Fi using the Internet setup. AkrutoSync uses an SSL-encrypted Internet connection to sync between your computer and Lenovo Vibe to ensure privacy and security.