This tutorial explains how to sync Samsung Galaxy Tab with Outlook. The method shown below is perfect for wireless syncing of Galaxy Tab 2, 3 and 4 as well as Galaxy Tab S with your Outlook. All versions of Outlook are also supported. With AkrutoSync, you can synchronize any amount of desktop Outlook data: calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with your Samsung tablet. See more details in our sync Android with Outlook article.
More people are turning to tablets for both work and fun. For those want to have their Outlook contacts in Galaxy Tab’s Contacts app the best option is a native software. Problems come when you need to sync changes in contacts or appointments from your Galaxy Tab to PC or a laptop. Native software just can’t handle this.
That’s when you need Akruto! It could wirelessly synchronize appointments, calendar events and even tasks from Galaxy Tab to PC or even WiFi connected smartphone. It has no limits in the amount of data you can synchronize as well as in number of devices you can connect to one PC.
How to Sync Galaxy Tab with Outlook: through WiFi or Internet?
You can choose a type of wireless connection to transfer contacts or calendars to Galaxy Tab and connected devices. With AkrutoSync you can synchronize Outlook with your tablet via two types of wireless connection: WiFi or Internet. Both options are same way good in transferring an Outlook data. But syncing via WiFi is the fastest way to establish a connection and get your Outlook contacts on your tablet. With syncing over the Internet your Galaxy Tab connects to your desktop Outlook through a secured third-party service or your own DNS server in case you have one. This allows syncing Outlook contacts and calendars even being 1000 miles away from your PC.
How To Sync Galaxy Tab With Outlook Using AkrutoSync
You no longer need to re-enter your contact’s information on each device. All of this syncs automatically, privately and continuously. Here’s how to synchronize your Galaxy Tab with Outlook…
Step 1: Download and install AkrutoSync
Begin by downloading the latest version of AkrutoSync. After installation you will see the main window.
Click on Select what to sync and choose which Outlook contacts you want to sync with GALAXY TAB in Select contact folder section.
Step 2: Continue PC configuration
In the main window click Configure AkrutoSync. AkrutoSync will guide you through the configuration process.
- Choose Sync over home network – this option allows you to sync Outlook contacts without cables via your Wi-Fi network
- Select Android (Phone or Tablet) – you will then receive illustrated instructions on how to configure an Android to sync with Outlook Contacts.
- Click Save and go to the next step. As AkrutoSync can also sync Calendars, Tasks and Notes you will be asked once more about what piece of Outlook data you want to sync with your Galaxy Tab. If you only want to sync contacts with your phone, don’t change anything and press Save.
- At the next step you’ll be asked to make sure your GALAXY TAB and PC are connected to same Wi-Fi network. Click Save and proceed to the next step.
- Next screen will display proper firewall configuration. Press Continue.
- Next screen will provide detailed instructions on how to enable Galaxy Tab to sync with Outlook contacts.
Step 3: Begin Android configuration
- Open a browser on your Galaxy Tab.
- Enter the address shown on your AcrutoSync window (note that your address will likely be different than the one displayed here).
- Touch Go.
- When the new page loads, select Import Certificate for AcrutoSync.
- Select Install, and the certificate will be installed.
Step 4: Continue PC configuration
- Continuing the setup on your PC, enter a user name and password (create one that will be easy for you to remember).
- Click Continue.
Step 5: Complete Android configuration
Returning to your Galaxy Tab, follow the instructions for setting up an Exchange account. The account tells your phone how to connect to directly to your computer.
- Touch the Settings icon on your Android’s home screen.
- Scroll to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Exchange.
- The Galaxy Tab will ask you for an email address and password for Exchange – do not enter your actual email address. Enter the fake email address displayed in the AkrutoSync window (again, yours will likely be different than the one displayed here). Use the password you created earlier and entered into AkrutoSync on your PC. Select Next.
- Enable everything, including Mail (although AkrutoSync does not sync email, it still needs to be enabled). Leave other options at their default values and syncing begins.
- The first sync may take a while if you have a lot of Outlook contacts, appointments reminders and notes. You will see that some Outlook contacts and reminders appear in your phone even before the first sync is complete. AkrutoSync window on your PC shows sync progress. When you see the “Success” status it means that sync has completed.
Congratulations. You have set up your Galaxy Tab to sync with Outlook, using AkrutoSync. In a few seconds, your tablet will connect to your computer and start synchronizing your Outlook data.
Akruto transfers all of a contact’s information. It even keeps a history of all changes, deletions and additions in sync history. If you inadvertently make a change, it’s not lost for good. Just open sync history to restore the information.
Sync Samsung Galaxy Tab With Outlook: FAQ
Q: Can I sync my Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Outlook 2010 using AkrutoSync?
A: Yes. AkrutoSync supports all Android phones and tablets and any version of Outlook.
Q: Am I able to only sync Outlook calendar with my Samsung Galaxy Tab without syncing contacts?
A: Yes. You can choose the type of data you want to be synced between your Galaxy Tab and Outlook. You can sync only tasks or contacts and notes or just calendars.
Q: A have over 3,000 contacts in my Outlook. Will AkrutoSync handle syncing them to my Galaxy Tab?
A: AkrutoSync completely and accurately syncs thousands of entries as well as contact photos completely and accurately. There are no limits in amount of Outlook data you can transfer to Galaxy Tab.
Q: I have Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on my work and Galaxy Tab 4 at home. Can I simultaneously sync them with my corporate Outlook calendar? If so, will I be able to make changes from my home?
A: With AkrutoSync’s two-way synchronization you can sync any contacts, appointments or tasks from your Galaxy Tab 2 Outlook calendar to your Galaxy Tab 4 (and vice versa). You do not need to do anything to make sure that your changes are reflected on either device.
Q: My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 has no cellular module; can I still sync my Outlook contacts and calendars with AkrutoSync?
A: Yes. You can synchronize your Outlook contacts and calendars either over a cellular network or by using a Wi-Fi connection.