How to sync Asus ZenFone 2 with Outlookwebdev
If you own an Asus ZenFone 2 Laser you’ll be happy to hear that, as promised, Asus has begun updating the devices with Android Marshmallow. Although the software update is being rolled out in waves, it will be arriving on the 5-inch ZenFone 2 Laser, 5.5-inch ZenFone 2 Laser, along with the ZenFone Max. If you own, or plan to purchase, any of these Android devices, Akruto can help you safely and easily sync your Asus ZenFone 2 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes.
Sync Asus ZenFone 2 with Outlook Contacts In 2 Minutes
Now you can automatically and completely sync your Outlook Contacts with Asus ZenFone 2. You do not need to re-enter your contact’s information on your device; your contacts sync privately and continuously. Here’s how to synchronize Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes with Asus ZenFone 2…
Step 1: Download and install AkrutoSync
Begin by downloading the latest version of AkrutoSync. After installation you will see the main window.
Click on Select what to sync and choose which Outlook Contacts you want to sync with Asus ZenFone 2 in Select contact folder section.
Step 2: Continue with PC configuration
In the main window click Configure AkrutoSync. AkrutoSync will guide you through the configuration process.
- Choose Sync over home network – this option allows you to sync Outlook Contacts without cables via your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Android (Phone or Tablet) – you will then receive illustrated instructions on how to configure an Android to sync with Outlook Contacts. Click Save.
Synchronize Asus ZenFone 2 with Outlook Calendar Data
As AkrutoSync can also sync Calendars, Tasks and Notes you will be asked once more about what piece of Outlook data you want to sync with ZenFone 2. If you only want to sync contacts with your Kindle, don’t change anything and press Save.
- To sync your Outlook Calendar, select Calendar. You may also select Tasks and Notes if you wish to sync these as well. Press Save.
- Next you’ll be asked to make sure your ZenFone 2 and PC are connected to same Wi-Fi network. Click Save.
- The next screen will display proper firewall configuration. Press Continue. You will now see detailed instructions on how to enable your ZenFone 2 to sync with Outlook.
Step 3: Begin ZenFone 2 configuration
- Open a browser on your ZenFone 2.
- Enter the address shown on your AcrutoSync window (note that your address will likely be different than the one displayed here).
- Touch Go.
- When the new page loads, select Import Certificate for AcrutoSync.
- Select Install, and the certificate will be installed.
Step 4: Continue PC configuration
- Returning to your PC, enter a user name and password (create one that will be easy for you to remember).
- Click Continue.
Step 5: Complete ZenFone 2 configuration
Returning to ZenFone 2, follow the instructions for setting up an Exchange account. The account tells your ZenFone 2 how to connect directly to your computer.
- Select Settings on ZenFone 2 home screen.
- Scroll to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Exchange.
- ZenFone 2 will ask for an email address and password for Exchange – do not enter your actual email address. Enter the fake email address displayed in the AkrutoSync window (again, yours will likely be different than the one displayed here). Use the password you created earlier and entered into AkrutoSync on your PC. Select Next.
- Enable everything, including Mail (although AkrutoSync does not sync email, it still needs to be enabled). Leave other options at their default values and syncing begins.
- The first sync may take a while if you have a lot of Outlook contacts, appointments reminders and notes. Some Outlook contacts and reminders will appear on your ZenFone 2 even before the first sync is complete.
- The AkrutoSync window on your PC shows sync progress. When you see the “Success” status, the sync is complete.
How To Sync Outlook Tasks with Asus ZenFone 2
Since not all Android devices come with an app to manage tasks, you have two choices. You can opt to use Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange or TouchDown to sync Outlook Tasks with Asus ZenFone 2. AkrutoSync works with both apps. And neither uses a web-based service that requires a login or save your information in the cloud. Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange offers a fully functional 14-day trial. If you like it, the app costs only $4.99 for all your Android devices. TouchDown is free.
For more information, check our Android with Outlook sync guide.
Easy Way To Transfer Outlook Notes with Asus ZenFone 2
Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange and TouchDown also work to sync Asus ZenFone 2 with Outlook Notes. Akruto syncs Outlook Notes with the built-in Notes app on Asus ZenFone 2. At the same time you elect to sync your Outlook Calendar with Asus ZenFone 2 (see above), you can select Tasks and Notes if you wish to sync these as well.
Here’s our complete guide that shows you how to sync Outlook Notes with Android devices.
Q: How many Outlook Contacts I can transfer to my Asus ZenFone 2 with trial version of AkrutoSync?
A: There are no limitations on the number of contacts, appointments, and tasks you can sync transfer to Asus ZenFone 2 with the trial version. Use AkrutoSync for a trial period of 7 days. When the trial period expires, just purchase a license to continue syncing.
Q: Can I sync pictures from Outlook contacts with my Asus ZenFone 2?
A: Yes. AkrutoSync automatically and completely syncs thousands of entries, as well as contact photos, completely and accurately. There are no limits in amount of Outlook data you can transfer to Asus ZenFone 2.
Q: Can I sync only Outlook contacts without transferring calendar data to Asus ZenFone 2?
A: Yes. AkrutoSync allows you to synchronize any type of Outlook data without syncing the others.
Q: Will I be able to sync my Asus ZenFone 2 and iPhone 6 with desktop Outlook simultaneously?
A: Yes, you can easily sync Outlook with iPhone, Android, and Windows devices. Any changes appear on all your devices’ contacts and calendars. Because this is a two-way synchronization solution, everything will stay in sync whether you update your Outlook for PC calendar, one device’s built-in calendar, a second device’s built-in calendar, or a combination of the three
Q: I want to sync my Asus ZenFone 2 with Outlook calendars from two different PCs. How many licenses do I need to do that?
A:. One AkrutoSync license allows you to sync with unlimited compatible devices.