August 11, 2023 at 10:34 am
I have a new home router. The rest of my set up is simple, 1 iOS phone, ! HP computer. They have been syncing just fine over my local network via the home router. Only thing new is the new router. I have tried before when one piece of equipment changes to reset the sync and messed it up very time. What is the easiest way to reconnect everything over the new router? Please helpAugust 11, 2023 at 10:48 amModerator
Hello R Canter,
Thank you for contacting us today.
May we know what is the brand and model of your router?
For hardware changes, we recommend reconfiguring AkrutoSync. This requires your Outlook to have all the latest information that you need to sync to your phone.
For the reconfiguration, you will need to ensure that your Outlook have all the latest data that you want to sync to your iOS phone. After verifying, remove the Exchange account on the phone and then configure it again. Here’s the detailed instruction that you can follow to setup your iOs phone with AkrutoSync.
1. First, open AkrutoSync on your computer and click “Configure AkrutoSync” then choose “Configure again”.
2. Please choose “Sync over Home Network” or “Sync over the Internet”
3. Select “iOS (iPhone, iPad or iPod)”.
4. Choose the folders that you want to sync then click “Save”.
5. Make sure that your computer and phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. We recommend to temporarily disable the Cellular Data of your phone during the setup.
6. Choose “Simple” and click “Continue”.
7. Click “Continue” on the Firewall part.
8. Open Safari on your phone and go to the exact URL displayed in AkrutoSync window.
9. Please click “Continue”.
10. Next, enter the same Username and Password that you used for setting up AkrutoSync initially.
12. This is the final part. You will need to create the Exchange account on your phone once you reach the final step.
1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
2. Please choose “Microsoft Exchange”.
3. Please enter the Email address displayed on the final step in AkrutoSync window for the email field then tap “Next”.
4. Please choose “Configure Manually”.
5. Enter the password that you used during the setup of AkrutoSync then tap “Next”. You can also click “Show” on the password line in the final step of the setup in AkrutoSync window.
6. If you see “Cannot Verify Server Identity”, please choose “Continue”.
If you see a panel that requires a server and username field, please fill up the server and username field with the ones displayed in the final step of AkrutoSync window. Most of the time, the email and password field is already filled up. You only need to enter the username and server.
7. Please make sure that everything is enabled and tap on “Save”.
8. The Exchange account will now be created on your iPhone and the syncing process will start in AkrutoSync window.
Please let us know if you are experiencing problems on a particular part and we will be happy to help you. I hope this helps.