January 30, 2017 at 11:46 am
Will not set up following instructions @does not recognise server’January 30, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Sorry phone is xperia E5. Followed all the instructions from the help website and at the last step I got ‘GMail has stopped’January 31, 2017 at 9:52 amModerator
This is happening because what you are adding is a plain Exchange account and not the specific Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account. Please check if you have that account type as one of the options for you to add. If it is not part of the option, just use the same plain Exchange account and do these steps below.
– Go to settings>accounts>add account>Exchange
– When it asks for the email, just enter it and don’t click continue
– You should see a button that says manual (usually on the lower left hand of the email box)
***if you can’t see that button, that could be due to your keyboard blocking it. try pressing the back button just once for your keyboard to be hidden***
– Tap that manual button
– It will then give you three options, choose the last one (it should say Exchange)
– It will then give you a page for you to enter password, domain, server etc.
– For the domain, just leave it blank
– For the server, enter the letters or numbers after the @ symbol on the unique email Akruto provided you (example: email@example.com, server then should be 192.168.0.2)
– For the part that says something about SSL, tap it and choose the option that says SSL/TLS(accept all certificates)
– Tap continue, proceed, or whatever button that has the same idea
Should you require further assistance after that, please send us a support email for us to help you better.
Technical Support Specialist