April 20, 2017 at 9:13 am
I’m using Outlook in the Office Professional 2013 suite and Windows 10, syncing with a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7 with (as far as I know) all the latest updates. I’ve been using Akruto for years, without problem, but I just don’t seem to be able to fix this one.
Help please!April 20, 2017 at 4:23 pmModerator
Please email your post to email@example.com
Also, please email the following:
1. The latest screenshot of AkrutoSync’s current screen from your computer
2. Are you using a desktop or a laptop? Wired directly to the router or connected via Wi-Fi?
If you are not familiar with ‘how to take a screenshot and attaching it to the email’, please use this guide:
1. Press the “Print Screen” key on your keyboard (also labeled as “Prt Sc” or “PrtScn”). This will capture an image of your entire screen.
Or you can Click on the AkrutoSync window then hold down the Alt button and press Prt Sc. This will take a picture of the “active” window on your screen. An image of the window will be copied to the clipboard. You will not receive any confirmation that the screenshot has been taken.
2. Paste the screenshot. Once you have made the screenshot, you will need to paste it to an editor. Open Paint from the Accessories section in your Start menu or search Paint in Windows Search. With a new blank canvas open in Paint, press the Ctrl and V buttons together to paste the image onto the canvas. You can also right-click on the canvas and select Paste.
3. Save the screenshot. Click File, then Save to set the name and file type of the image. You can select the JPG or PNG file type. Select and remember the save location, then click Save.
4. Attach the screenshot that you saved as a reply to this email.
Alternatively, you can refer to the guide for taking a screenshot here: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows
For AkrutoSync version 5.2:
The new version allows the program to be minimized into the Taskbar Notification Area (near the system clock).
Also added a capability to take screenshots right from AkrutoSync to make support’s life easier. To take a screenshot, the small icon in the top left corner of the AkrutoSync window (or press Alt+Space). A menu will open; select “Take screenshot”. You will be offered to select a file name and location for the screenshot file. The default location for the screenshot file is on the desktop and the default file name is AkrutoSync Screenshot.png.
We will wait for your email.
Alf DelolaApril 21, 2017 at 10:01 am
Thank you for a prompt response – all now sorted!April 22, 2017 at 10:54 am
I am having the same problem – downloaded the trial vs yesterday, huge initial sync of all calendar entries, tested a few new entries to make sure all worked and it was fine.
But now today the calendar will not sync it fails with message ‘unable to find old calendar folder’ the fix button sends me to the main selection screen – where all the correct sync buttons are ticked, so no idea why it wont sync new calendar entries – very frustrating as I was desperately hoping this tool would work to give me calendar access on my new Huawei P10
ShelleyApril 25, 2017 at 1:59 pm
After using the program for years,2 i phones, 1 galaxy tab, outlook 365, I started having this issue today. Only synch the calendar. Have not altered anything on my desktop.April 27, 2017 at 11:25 pm
I have been using Akroto without problem also on by LG4 and now am getting this same error message.April 30, 2017 at 10:45 am
I resolved my issue by following the advice offered by support staff (cc’ed above in this thread) and all has been working flawlessly once again. But today, following a power cut and restarting my PC, the same old error message appeared. I closed Outlook and quit Akruto, then reopened Outlook and Akruto (in that order) and forced a sync. All is now well again. Phew.April 30, 2017 at 10:47 am
My apologies – I thought I had copied the advice from Akruto support staff, but I did so in a different thread. For reference, here it is:
“Please try following these steps to see if it corrects the error you’re getting:
1. Please close Outlook and AkrutoSync.
2. Start Outlook first, and then start AkrutoSync.
3. Click on “Select What to Sync” on the left panel of the AkrutoSync window and make sure that there are folders selected. Click “Save”.
4. Please check that the phone is still connected to WiFi. It is not enough if it is simply on, it must say “connected”. (IF SETUP TO SYNC OVER HOME NETWORK)
5. Please make sure that there is no error message shown in the AkrutoSync window on your computer. If there is an error message, please let us know what message is shown.
6. Force a sync on the phone. (https://www.akruto.com/f-a-q/#q_force_sync)
Immediately after forcing a sync, do you see the sync status under the categories (Contacts, calendar) in the AkrutoSync window on the computer change from “none” to “in progress” to “success”?
We hope you can update us with whether it worked for you.