Sync Outlook Contacts with iPhone Privately and ReliablySupport
One of the more often asked questions our tech support team hears: How do I sync iPhone with Outlook wirelessly without going through the cloud? People want the convenience of transferring their contacts from computer to phone without using USB cable.
However, it typically involves using the cloud. A growing number of people want to avoid storing personal contact information in the cloud.
The problem with iPhone cloud sync
One reason for this increase is the hacking of Google Mail and iCloud. It has forced people to rethink the information they store in the cloud.
Another reason for the cloud dodging is that some people work in professions where they must follow strict regulatory guidelines or else they put client and patient information at risk. This is especially true for financial advisors, doctors, lawyers and real estate agents.
Users who sync contacts with the cloud often report duplicates appearing on their iPhones or seeing only partial contact information. Their address books look messy with all the duplicates. Missing information is not acceptable especially for professionals, small business owners, startups and solo entrepreneurs.
There’s a better way to move your contacts to your phone without sacrificing privacy and being able to do it automatically and effortlessly.
How do I make my iPhone sync with Outlook Contacts?
The best way to sync iPhone contacts is with Microsoft Outlook by using Outlook sync software. You have a few choices. It’s a matter of finding the one that best meets your needs. In moving Outlook information directly between computer and iPhone, some apps rely on the cloud.
Another feature to think about is whether the software adds its own apps on your iPhone. This is redundant and wastes space because the iPhone won’t let you delete its own contacts app. It can be confusing to look up your contacts when you have duplicate apps.
You don’t have to be stuck with using another company’s contacts, calendars, reminders and notes apps when you have perfectly good ones on your iPhone.
AkrutoSync is two-way sync software for Windows PCs that keeps your information updated on Outlook for PC and across all your connected devices. It can sync Outlook contacts with the iPhone’s own Contacts app. Because of this, you can take advantage of all of the iPhone’s integrated features, such as sending a contact’s information in a text message.
“Akruto made the previously impossible task of syncing the latest versions of Outlook with my iPhone 6 a breeze. It was a life saver!” says Gary D. Read Outlook sync software reviews.
How to sync iPhone with Outlook Contacts without an expensive server
More and more professionals are leaving their corporate jobs to start their own business. They like the flexibility and being their own boss. Small business owners, freelancers and solo entrepreneurs require a reliable way to sync all of their important information from Outlook between computer and phone.
They can’t afford to have missing or cut-off data. It would be a nightmare for them to be away from their office only to find their iPhone is missing contact or appointment information. They also don’t want to invest in an expensive Microsoft Exchange server to get the benefits of having data with them everywhere.
You don’t need an Exchange server to sync Outlook with iPhone when you use AkrutoSync. It makes transferring Outlook contacts to iPhone easy by simulating a Microsoft Exchange server without the high expense.
“I have just left an enterprise business with Exchange and am running my own start up business. This gives me a great way to keep working with Outlook and my iPhone without the back-end setup. Love it!” says Trent H.
How to sync iPhone with Outlook Contacts using Akruto
Even with Exchange server-like capabilities, you don’t need to be tech-savvy to install Akruto. The program guides you through installation. Our support team is available 24/7 to help you through the whole process. Or if you want them to do all the work, you can request Akruto Gold Service. This premium service allows our support team to get the software up and running for you remotely.
Here are the benefits of using Akruto:
- Syncs automatically: No pushing a button or connecting cables. It does it for you.
- Uses iPhone’s integrated features: Because Akruto syncs with the iPhone’s apps, all of its functions work.
- Transfers contacts privately: Your information isn’t shared with the cloud.
- Syncs information wirelessly: It transfers your data over encrypted Wi-Fi or Internet.
- Copies everything: Contact’s notes and photos transfer. Nothing disappears.
If you have other devices you’d like to sync with Outlook or swap your iPhone for another phone not running iOS, you won’t have to start over. Akruto works with all phones and tablets running iOS, Windows Phone and Android. This includes iPad, iPod Touch, Windows Surface, Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z3 and many more.
To give you a chance to see if Akruto meets your needs, you can try the full software free for seven days. Get Akruto here.
A lot of people are searching for Outlook sync solutions. Help them out by sharing this article. Thanks for your support.
Update 4/11/2016: This guide demonstrates how to sync Outlook contacts with iPhone without the risk of deleting any contacts saved on your device. This works with all versions of Microsoft Outlook and any iOS device, including the iPhone 5s, 6s and SE. The method also works with iPad. All Outlook contacts sync with your iPhone automatically and privately.
Sync Outlook contacts with iPhone – Video Tutorial
For those who prefer text-based guide we prepared this step-by-step tutorial on transfering your Outlook contacts to iPhone of any model.
Step 1: Download and install AkrutoSunc
Begin by downloading the latest version of AkrutoSync. After installation you will see the main window.
Click on Select what to sync and choose which Outlook contacts you want to sync with iPhone in Select contact folder section.
Step 2: Continue PC configuration
In the main window click on Configure AkrutoSync. AkrutoSync will guide you through the configuration process.
- Choose Sync over home network – this option allows to sync Outlook contacts without cables via your WiFi network:
- Select iOS (iPhone, iPad or iPod) – you will then receive illustrated instructions on how to configure an iPhone to sync with Outlook contacts:
- Click Save and go to the next step. As AkrutoSync can also sync Calendars, Tasks and Notes you will be asked once more about what piece of Outlook data you want to sync with your iPhone. If you only want to sync contacts with an iPhone, don’t change anything and press Save.
- At the next step you’ll be asked to make sure your iPhone and PC are connected to same WiFi network. Click Save and proceed to the next step.
- Next screen you will see is about proper firewall configuration. Press Continue.
- Next screen will provide you with detailed instructions on how to enable iPhone to sync with Outlook contacts:
Begin iPhone configuration
- Open the Safari on your iPhone.
- Enter the address shown on your AcrutoSync window (note that your address will likely be different than the one displayed here).
- Touch Go.
- When the new page loads, select Import Certificate for AcrutoSync.
- Select Install and the certificate is installed.
Continue PC configuration
- Continuing the setup on your PC, enter a user name and password (create one that will be easy for you to remember).
- Click Continue.
Complete iPhone configuration
Returning to your iPhone, follow the instructions for setting up an Exchange account. The account tells your phone how to connect to directly to your computer.
- Touch the Settings icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Scroll to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Exchange.
- The iPhone will ask you for an email address and password for Exchange – do not enter your actual email address. Enter the fake email address displayed in the AkrutoSync window (again, yours will likely be different than the one displayed here). Use the password you created earlier and entered into AkrutoSync on your PC. Select Next.
- Enable everything, including Mail (although AkrutoSync does not sync email, it still needs to be enabled). Leave other options at their default values and syncing begins.
- The first sync may take a while if you have a lot of Outlook contacts, appointments reminders and notes. You will see that some Outlook contacts and reminders appear in your phone even before the first sync is complete. AkrutoSync window on your PC shows sync progress. When you see the “Success” status it means that sync has completed.
Congratulations. You have set up your phone to sync with Outlook, using AkrutoSync. In a few seconds, your phone will connect to your computer and start synchronizing your Outlook data. Akruto transfers all of a contact’s information. It even keeps a history of all changes, deletions and additions in sync history. If you inadvertently make a change, it’s not lost for good. Just open sync history to restore the information.
Akruto ensures your contact information, and other Outlook for PC data, and all connected devices remain in sync. You don’t need to learn another app when you use Akruto to sync Outlook contacts with your iPhone, and you no longer need to re-enter your contact’s information on each device.