Sync Outlook with Windows Phone 8.1Support
Microsoft has started rolling out the Windows Phone 8.1 OS upgrade in select countries. Even with the update, Windows Phone still doesn’t natively sync with Outlook. No worries! AkrutoSync will automatically sync your Windows Phone with Outlook.
Supposedly, the Windows Phone will receive two general distribution release updates in 2014: GDR 1 in July and GDR 2 in November. This, however, doesn’t mean you’ll see the update in July. These are the dates Microsoft expects to send it to carriers and OEMs.
Windows Phone Central is tracking the rollout by country and phone. The site is updating the page as soon as the news comes in, so watch it to find out when it’s coming to your country.
Currently, the phones that come with Windows Phone 8.1 are the new Nokia Lumia phones:
- Lumia 630
- Lumia 635
- Lumia 930
Here are the new features in the Windows Phone 8.1:
- Cortana: Microsoft’s answer to Siri.
- Live Tiles will let you choose a photo for your Start Screen background.
- Camera improvements: Burst mode for capturing multiple photos in quick succession and collections that automatically organize your photos by date, location and activity.
- Word Flow Keyboard: Microsoft’s answer to Swype.
- Action Center: See email, texts and social media updates within one swipe.
- Wi-Fi Sense: Automatically connect to Wi-Fi hotspots.
You may have heard about the folder creation ability. This won’t be available until Update 1.
Sync Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks on your Windows Phone with AkrutoSync. You can try the full-feature software for seven days before you buy to see how it works for you. Download AkrutoSync here. If you decide to continue using it, you won’t have to download it again. Just enter your license code and you’re ready to sync your Outlook Calendar with your Windows Phone!