October 7, 2019 at 9:58 pm
AkrutoSync 5.2.29, Windows 10 version 1903, iPhone iOS 12.4.1
Sometime in the past week, AkrutoSync stopped working. It reports “failed” for syncing Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Reminders.
I just discovered that it also erased all of my Notes, on both my iPhone and Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop. (Fortunately, I have an Outlook backup from about 3 weeks ago, so not much was lost, I hope.)
However, I am no longer using AkrutoSync until I get an explanation of how to cause it to work again, without risking my data. I will look for an alternative.October 8, 2019 at 5:13 amModerator
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
A “failed” status indicates that Akruto detects a corrupted or damaged Outlook data (PST) file. Please run SCANPST. Please try to run it to repair any PST file corruptions you may have. You must run SCANPST multiple times until no error in the PST is detected. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497
Once SCANPST detects no more errors, please run a repair your Microsoft Office installation and then try to open AkrutoSync again. To repair the installation, open Control panel and navigate to Uninstall a program. Then find Office, right click it and choose to Repair. https://support.office.com/article/HA010382089
If you continue to encounter this problem after the workaround given, please take a screenshot of AkrutoSync main window and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further troubleshooting.
AkrutoSyncOctober 8, 2019 at 11:43 am
Thank you for the prompt response. However:
1) The initial problem is even worse. As mentioned above, AkrutoSync erased my Notes from both my iPhone and my Windows 10 Outlook. I have just discovered that AkrutoSync also erased the Calendar events from my iPhone, although not from my Windows 10 Outlook (fortunately).
2) Although your message indicates that AkrutoSync found a corrupted or damaged PST file, my PST file appears to be working fine for my Windows 10 Outlook.
So, having lost my Notes entirely (except for a backup) and my Calendar events on my phone, I no longer trust AkrutoSync. I will look for a different mechanism to sync Outlook with my iPhone.
Mike ForsterOctober 8, 2019 at 12:00 pmModerator
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
We can assist you on restoring the lost data from your Outlook if you still have AkrutoSync installed on your computer. Kindly open AkrutoSync on your computer and click “Synchronization History”.
Please change the type box to Notes and check if the deleted Notes are displayed there.
If you find the deleted Notes in Synchronization History, please follow the steps below:
1. Please close your Outlook.
2. Click “Save All” button on the upper right corner of the Synchronization History.
(Make sure that the type box is set to Notes)
3. Save the PST file on your PC. (Do not import this file to Outlook)
This PST file can also serve as a backup data.
4. Please quit AkrutoSync by right-clicking AkrutoSync icon in the task bar or system tray (near clock)
5. Open your Outlook and go to Notes then look for the “Saved Notes” folder. The deleted Notes displayed in AkrutoSync’s Synchronization History will be saved under the “Saved Notes” folder on your Outlook.
I hope this helps.
AkrutoSyncOctober 9, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Thanks very much. I am impressed with this feature. Many Notes – I presume all of them – have been restored.