June 30, 2017 at 12:13 pm
If I receive a call from a contact that isn’t already in either of my contact lists, and I add the contact to my phone as a new contact, it won’t sync with my desktop. Support in the past has told me to make sure the contact is added in the Akruto group. But, when adding a contact from a phone call or voicemail message, you don’t have an option to choose what group it’s added to. This issue is consistently happening, no matter how many times I reinstall and reconfigure AkrutoSync.June 30, 2017 at 6:29 pmModerator
Could you please repost your message via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, to better assist you, we need to verify the following via email:
1. The latest screenshot of AkrutoSync’s current screen from your computer
2. What is the make and model of your phone?
If Android – What is the make and model (Settings > About phone/device > Model number) of your Android phone? What is the Android version of your Android phone (Settings > About phone/device > Android version)?
If it is a Windows phone, what Windows version?
If it is an iPhone or an iPad, what is the iOS version (Settings > General > About > Version)?
3. Are you using a Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 computer? Is it a desktop or a laptop? Wired directly to the router or connected via Wi-Fi?
If you are not familiar with ‘how to take a screenshot and attaching it to the email’, please use this guide:
1. Press the “Print Screen” key on your keyboard (also labeled as “Prt Sc” or “PrtScn”). This will capture an image of your entire screen.
Or you can Click on the AkrutoSync window then hold down the Alt button and press Prt Sc. This will take a picture of the “active” window on your screen. An image of the window will be copied to the clipboard. You will not receive any confirmation that the screenshot has been taken.
2. Paste the screenshot. Once you have made the screenshot, you will need to paste it to an editor. Open Paint from the Accessories section in your Start menu or search Paint in Windows Search. With a new blank canvas open in Paint, press the Ctrl and V buttons together to paste the image onto the canvas. You can also right-click on the canvas and select Paste.
3. Save the screenshot. Click File, then Save to set the name and file type of the image. You can select the JPG or PNG file type. Select and remember the save location, then click Save.
4. Attach the screenshot that you saved as a reply to this email.
Alternatively, you can refer to the guide for taking a screenshot here: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows
For AkrutoSync version 5.2:
The new version allows the program to be minimized into the Taskbar Notification Area (near the system clock).
Also added a capability to take screenshots right from AkrutoSync to make support’s life easier. To take a screenshot, the small icon in the top left corner of the AkrutoSync window (or press Alt+Space). A menu will open; select “Take screenshot”. You will be offered to select a file name and location for the screenshot file. The default location for the screenshot file is on the desktop and the default file name is AkrutoSync Screenshot.png.
We will wait for your response via email.
AkrutoSyncMay 3, 2018 at 11:50 am
how can i sync my iPhone 8 contacts to PC Outlook 365 windows 10, which contains no contacts?May 3, 2018 at 11:57 amModerator
If your phone has all of your Outlook contacts, calendars then you can export them and then import them to Outlook before clearing your phone of this data. One of the steps in the configuration was to clear the phone of data. The reason this step is there is primarily to prevent duplicates but also because AkrutoSync cannot sync your existing data from the phone to Outlook. This is because the existing data on the phone is saved under a different account like Google for example. Data cannot jump from one account to the other. You would have to export those contacts out of the phone and remove them from the phone. Then import the contacts into Outlook and AkrutoSync will sync them with your phone but now they will be saved under the Exchange account that was created for AkrutoSync. This will ensure the two way synchronization
Here is a link that may help with exporting data https://www.akruto.com/backup-phone-contacts-calendar/ Once you have the existing contacts imported in Outlook then you can start configure AkrutoSync so the information from Outlook will then sync back to your phone. After the initial sync, anything added, edited, deleted from your phone will now sync to Outlook and vice versa.