How to Sync Samsung Galaxy S7 with Outlookwebdev
One of the biggest problems in getting a Samsung Galaxy S7 is not being able to sync Outlook Calendar with the Galaxy S7. As an Android phone, the Galaxy S7 can sync with Google Calendar. But this isn’t an acceptable option for many. Google saves your private information in the cloud and some don’t want everything tied to Google.
There’s an easier way to get your Outlook data on your new phone without Google or the cloud. This guide will show you how to move Outlook Contacts to Android.
How to sync Galaxy S7 with Outlook Calendar
You have a two options to sync your Galaxy S7 to Outlook:
- Samsung Smart Switch.
Samsung Smart Switch’s primary job is to help people move data from their old phone to their new Samsung phone. Previously, Samsung Kies did the job. Unfortunately, it was fraught with problems. Smart Switch doesn’t fare much better. Users’ reviews report Samsung Smart Switch problems. Users who wanted to use it to transfer contacts from one phone to Samsung Galaxy couldn’t get Smart Switch to work.
Akruto, on the other hand, focuses on one thing: syncing Outlook with Galaxy S7 and other devices. That’s all it does and it does the job well because it’s reliable and accurate. Akruto has a sync history feature for accidental deletions and changes. So you can restore anything.
Samsung produces many products, so it doesn’t specialize in Outlook sync software. Akruto does.
Here are some of the recent Samsung Smart Switch reviews:
- It does not work with my PC and Samsung S4. Sits and stares at me. Would not recommend to anyone.
- Doesn’t work!! I was trying to transfer from an LG to a Samsung it allows me to get as far as selecting what I want to transfer and starting the process on the sending phone then both phones disconnect from Wi-Fi and disconnect from each other. A worthless waste of space.
- Doesn’t connect Nexus 5 to my new S6 Edge. Every time I tried to setup a connection, it immediately shows a “phones will be disconnected” message and shuts down the app.
- Kies, Kies lite, Smart Sync and this fail. Just went through the hassle of installing Kies (which actually says on the download screen works for Note 4 only to have the message your phone is not compatible immediately after installing. Use Smart Sync.) only to have this not only not tell me about installing it on my phone but now just hanging for about 10 minutes! My old S4 worked perfectly, why is this one so hard?!
Here are reviews of AkrutoSync from Samsung Galaxy users:
- Easy to download, easy to use, works really well, everything you could want for my Galaxy S6 Edge. ~ Mike B.
- Used the trial version. Works as advertised so far, syncs my Microsoft Outlook with my Samsung Galaxy 6 phone perfectly. ~ Jan
- AkrutoSync is a great alternative to Samsung’s Smart Switch. It is wireless, so my Galaxy S6 is always up to date. Yet AkrutoSync is private and does not use the cloud. Fantastic. ~ Customer
- Don’t ever sync your contacts, notes and calendar again. Let AkrutoSync do it for you! When I walk into my office my Galaxy S6 is already synced and my PC is ready for business. One time easy setup and AkrutoSync takes it from there. I’ve been syncing since my first Palm device in 1999 but with AkrutoSync I no longer have to worry whether I have the correct appointment time or my client’s new address. I enter the data on my Galaxy or my PC and AkrutoSync does the rest. ~ Ric M.
How to sync contacts between Outlook and Samsung Galaxy S7
What does it take to import Outlook contacts to Android and vice versa? It depends on what you use to sync and what your requirements are.
Here are questions to consider before you sync Outlook Contacts with Android phone:
- Do you want to sync Outlook contacts wirelessly or through USB cable?
- Do you want to avoid using your phone’s data plan?
- Do you need a way to sync Android Contacts to Outlook 2010 or another version?
- Do you want to sync over the Internet or Wi-Fi?
- Do you want to keep your data out of the cloud?
- Do you want to sync Outlook contacts with Samsung’s built-in Contacts app?
You could manually export Android contacts to Outlook. The downside of this method is that you’d have to do this every time you want to update your Android contacts. And if you add a contact on the Galaxy S7, it won’t show up in Outlook. Manual processes tend to create duplicates and mess up the data.
To import Outlook Contacts to Android phone is the same problem in reverse. Still, it’s a good idea to export Android contacts before trying any Outlook sync software.
AkrutoSync offers wireless, two-way transfer between Samsung Galaxy S7 and Outlook. You have a choice of syncing over the Internet or Wi-Fi. The difference is that the Internet will use the phone’s data plan whereas Wi-Fi does not. Some small businesses use the Internet option to update Android Outlook Contacts when taking the phone outside of the Wi-Fi network.
Both sync options keep your Outlook data out of the cloud. As Outlook version, AkrutoSync works with Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2016. Upgrading to a newer version of Outlook won’t be a problem because Akruto already supports it. Likewise, Akruto will work if you have Android 5.0 or older and upgrade to Android 6.0 Lollipop.
Some Outlook sync software add their own Contact app to your phone to be able to sync with Outlook. Akruto works with the Android’s built-in contacts app. You won’t be stuck with two contact apps. Furthermore, you’ll be able to take advantage of the Android’s integrated features.
If you decide to try AkrutoSync free, be sure to export Android contacts to Outlook first. Check out the user guide on how to import Android contacts to Outlook.
Syncing Samsung Galaxy S7 with Outlook Tasks
Some Android phones don’t come with a Task app. Some do. And the ones that do may not be compatible with Outlook. If you want to sync Outlook Tasks with Android phones, you can opt for Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange or TouchDown. Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange has a fully-functional 14-day trial. If you like it, the app only costs $4.99 for all your Android devices. TouchDown is free.
If you happen to own an iPad or other iOS device, Windows Surface or Windows Phone, you don’t need any app to sync Outlook Tasks.
What’s the best way to sync Notes and your Galaxy S7?
TouchDown and Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange also support Outlook Notes sync. The best ways to sync Android phones to Outlook Notes is with these two apps. And like with Outlook Tasks, Akruto can sync Outlook Notes with the built-in Notes apps on iPhone, other iOS devices, Windows Surface, and Windows Phone.
Here’s our guide that shows you how to sync Outlook Notes with Android phones.
Syncing Galaxy S7 through Wi-Fi and Internet
As mentioned before, whether to sync Galaxy S7 with Outlook Calendar and Contacts over Wi-Fi or the Internet depends on your needs. Using Akruto, you won’t need cables for either method.
To determine the better method for you, review these questions:
- Do I want to avoid using my wireless provider’s data plan? If yes, use the Wi-Fi option.
- Do I need to be able to sync Outlook with my phone when outside my Wi-Fi network? If yes, use the Internet option.
- Is security a high priority for me? The Wi-Fi option has a slight security advantage over the Internet. Both are secure.
- Do I prefer the easier set up? Wi-Fi is easier to set up than Internet. You can opt for the remote installation service if you’d like tech support to setup Internet sync for you.
Here’s a real-life example of a real estate business using the Internet option. The entire office is connected to the manager’s calendar. Everyone can add appointments and they sync with everyone’s phones and tablets. When employees are out of the building away from the office’s Wi-Fi, they can still sync all changes using the Internet setup.
Troubleshooting and FAQ for syncing Samsung Galaxy S7 with Outlook
What’s the problem with syncing my Samsung Galaxy S7 with Google Calendar?
Google Calendar and Contacts store your private data in the cloud. More and more users are looking for ways to store their private information locally on their computers and devices. They don’t want to risk their information leaking to the public when the cloud is hacked.
Directly syncing between Outlook PC and Android phones offers the highest level of privacy. It puts you in control of your data.
Can I sync my Samsung Galaxy S7 to Outlook 2013? Or should I upgrade to 2016?
When you use AkrutoSync, you can sync your Samsung Galaxy S7 to just about any version of Outlook you’d like. Even if you sync with Outlook 2010 and later upgrade, you’ll be able to sync the S7 with Outlook 2016. Akruto supports Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, and 2002.
I have an iPhone 6 and am thinking about upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S7. What’s the easiest way to switch phones and have my Outlook Calendar on my new phone?
AkrutoSync is the easiest option. You won’t even need to export Outlook contacts to Android smartphone. If you already sync Outlook with iPhone, all you have to do is set up Akruto to sync Outlook with the Galaxy S7. (These instructions are for the S5, but are very similar to the S7.)
Once set up, Akruto will load your Outlook Calendar on the Android. Going forward, your Samsung S7 syncs with Outlook Calendar and Contacts.
I am using Outlook to manage everything, but I’m not tech-savvy. Is there a way you could sync my Samsung Galaxy S7 with Outlook Contacts for me?
Our AkrutoSync user guide shows you how to set up sync Outlook Contacts with your Galaxy S7. If you prefer to have someone do it for you, we offer Remote Installation service. Our techs will set it up to load Outlook Contacts on Android phone as well as Outlook Calendar. We can also help you sync Outlook Tasks and Notes with the Samsung Galaxy S7.
Why is it better to sync my Samsung Galaxy S7 without the cloud?
Many cloud services have been hacked or leaked information to the public. Sometimes people can come across your private information by accident. True story: An employee was studying his company’s Google analytics. He was looking at the referral links and found one that he didn’t recognize. When he clicked it, the link led him to a file containing private financial information. It was saved on a cloud storage service.
Directly syncing between Outlook PC and devices offers the highest level of privacy. It puts you in control of your data. You also don’t have to worry about a cloud service going down or going away for good like Google Calendar sync did.
Don’t see your question covered? Post it in the comments below and we’ll get you an answer.